Monday, March 26, 2012

Fiji

MY TRIP TO FIJI

DAY ONE: Today we had to wake up at 5:00AM which was great! I can wake up really early and not feel the effects at all, but wake up between 6:00-8:30 and I am tired for the rest of the day, although I wouldn’t want to be waking up at 5:00 every morning.
                Dad drove me to the airport and we were the first to arrive at around 6:45AM, I had everything with me although I forgot to bring my camera from mum’s to dad’s with me, which I am so annoyed about! And then I discovered that I and left my glasses in my bag at home, which made me really upset!
                The lift off for the plane was smooth and my ears didn’t pop much at all which is a positive, though I think they will when going back down. I have a window seat and can see the clouds which at first started as huge cumulonimbus clouds, but now they are just the whispy white ones (ave forgotten the technical term for them) and below the clouds I can see the sea. Its sparkeling with the sun and the clouds cast shadows, you can see the waves making ripples and it liiks like gladwrap has been crickled over a blue coloured surface. In the distance you can see clouds that areshaped like mountains and it is as though we are alone in the world, I can’t decide whether I like the feeling or not, its strange. I can also see the wing of the plane which reassures me of where we are going, what direction we are traveling and also how fast we are going.
                There is white in the sea, and at first I thought it was seagulls, but then when I concentrated it looked more like paint flecks done with a toothbrush on watercolour. I haven’t a clue what it really is, then again I don’t want to know either. I happen to be emusing myself with guessing.
                My crew members are all happy and talkative, Thomas had a headache and everyone has been swapping seats except Tash and I who are sitting nect to each other.
                As we get further towards the equator I cannot help thinking about how very hot it is going to be in Fiji and how very much I want to go for a swim as soon as we get to the hotel. Tee-hee
                At any rate I believe this trip is going to be something to remember for a lifetime and am looing forwards to telling you all about it when I get back home. I love you all and miss you already! Although I have officially gotten our family traveling bug!
                Once we landed we were all squashed into an old van for about two hours. The driver drove fast, was the most horrible tailgater and the ride was bumpy. In other words it was so much fun! We went through all of our notes and our schedule for the next five days and what we would be doing and what everything means and basically stuffing our heads with as much information as we could fit in it. We stopped twice along the road; the first was to get food and drinks, we got tomato flavoured chips (which were spicy and really yummy) and I had an orange and mango fizzy drink. When we removed ourselves from the shop we were taking photos and the sweetest little kitten came up to me and decided I was its new owner. I started patting it and then picked it up and Edwina took a photo of us, when I tried to put the kitten back down it wouldn’t leave, when I went into the van again it tried to climb into it and come to me, but it was too small and couldn’t jump up. I wanted to keep the poor little girl, instead I named her teapot and we were on our way.
                The second stop we made was a toilet stop at a bits and bobs for tourists to buy shop where I fell in love with a dress. When we got back into the van Natasha and I found two cockroaches, it was so gross!
                When we got to the hotel it was dark, so we checked into our rooms, changed (thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and then went down to dinner. The hotel was so beautiful, I couldn’t believe my eyes! The pool had multi coloured lights and when you went up a few stairs and walked perhaps three steps you were on the beach, with what looked like floating balls of light in the distance. It was so so so very beautiful!
                After dinner we went and changed into our bathers and went for a swim in the pool. I was really scared that there would be Cain toads swimming in there as they were hopping all around the poolside, but it turned out to be fine. No fantastic!
                After the pool we went up to our rooms, had a shower (YAY!!!!!) and hopped into bed. So all in all our first day was pretty damn aazing and I feel as I am the luckiest girl ever!
                And that’s because I am.
                -Merrie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment