Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Monster and I

I wrote this story for the little dude.
ENJOY!

My monster and I


In the deep dark alley there was me
In the deep dark alley there was a monster, a small little thing, who was very unimpressive and dull.
She had big round drooping eyes, yellow, brown and broken teeth, muddy plum coloured hair and a big wet nose that dripped something translucent, that smelled faintly of vanilla. Her ears were a spectacle, with violet tufts of hair protruding from them and always sitting crooked on top of her otherwise bald head.
Her name was Primrose.
Primrose was my friend and we often played in the deep dark alley, although only on hot summer days, as there was a constant cool draft that came through.
One day we were playing a ball game with each other and I threw my ball to Primrose, who just missed the catch letting the ball roll past her and onto the crowded footpath beyond, where in turn it was picked up by a small child.
“Why Primrose” I wailed “That was my favourite ball!” I glared at her.
“I am so very sorry!” replied Primrose “I shall go retrieve it for you” She started toward the street, but I called after her.
“Primrose you cannot go out there, all the people will see you!”  I pushed past her saying “I will go to fetch it” and with that I stormed off.
Later that night when I returned back home Primrose was sitting on my bed “Did you find it?” she asked immediately as I walked in and shut the door.
“No, I did not find my ball. My favourite ball.” I was close to tears and on seeing this Primrose quickly said.
“I really am sorry, I’ll make it up to you, I promise!” All I did was shook my head and point towards my window, indicating I wanted her to leave. And just before she did climb out my window she whispered “meet me in the deep dark alley tomorrow, please?” I just nodded and left my room for dinner.
The next morning:
I entered the alley and there was Primrose holding a ball, not my ball, a better one. “This is for you to say sorry for losing your old one” she said looking incredibly serious.
‘Thank you” was all I said in reply before I went over and hugged my friend.
In the deep dark alley there was me
In the deep dark alley there was a monster, her name was Primrose and she was my friend. I had been upset when she lost my favourite ball, but that was alright now, because she had made it up to me by buying me a new one, that looked even better and was much more fun to play with.
Primrose may be unimpressive and dull, but she is my best friend and I love her, not matter what.

-Merrie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment